Our Collaborative Partners
As a collaborative partner to Utopian Harvest, your purchase contributes to their education initiatives by providing certifications and job trainings of the next generation of sustainable, hyper-local food system that grows and distributes delicious and nutritious food to our community.
Agriscaping’s mission is to improve local food access & sustainability by transforming landscapes into elegant, edible food gardens easily managed with the help of online tools, education and professional support.
Find Out What Your Yard Can Do For YOU from a Certified Agriscaping Professional!
- Custom Micro-Climate Zone map of your yard identifying your prime growing locations
- Custom Edible Zone Chart highlighting some of your favorite edibles and where they will produce best in YOUR yard.
- Dream Landscape Discussion including a quick sketch of how you might include your dream elements into your landscape in an elegant and resourceful way.
- How much space you’ll need to dedicate to edibles to feed your family
- Water-Harvesting Assessment including productive potentials of your grey water and rainwater resources and a discussion on how to easily tap into each.
- And…a discussion on how we can further assist you to create and maintain the landscape of your dreams… but only if you would like.
We don’t just plant fruits and veggies, we cultivate better communities
Our mission is simple: To empower communities to better themselves from within.
In South Phoenix, and other challenged communities where we work, there are high rates of incarceration, poor health choices and a low ranking education system.
- So how do we combat these challenges? Asset Based Community Development (ABCD). That just means we don’t give a hand out, we give the community a hand up.
- Queen Creek Botanical Gardens reverses that problem through our community gardens and landscaping initiatives. These initiatives teach practical life skills to kids, adults and seniors, keeping them out of jail, and improving their lives and community.
How we empower communities to help themselves
- Inspire people to volunteer and engage in their community.
- Provide youth the skills they need to prepare them for employment—and a better life.
- Provide people on-the-job opportunities through landscaping, planting in community gardens, and selling and marketing what they grow at farmers’ markets.