Easy Baked Kale Chips
Kale is a wonder vegetable that has many health benefits like: Anti-Inflammatory, Glucosinolates and Cancer-Preventative Benefits. Kale has the high vitamin A, K, and C. They are high in fiber and low in calories. They have a small amount of fat but it’s mostly omega-3 fatty acid, called alpha linolenic acid. Nutritiously dense and jam packed with anti-oxidant.
Kale chips are becoming popular for those who want a little decadence but without the guilt. These are easy to make and great as a treat that you can have your medicine and eat it too. They last about 1.5 weeks in an airtight Ziploc bag once completely cooled down.
|1 Utopian bag||Ornamental Kale|
|¼ cup||Olive Oil|
|As needed||Sea Salt OR Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|Ginger & Wasabi sprinkles for a little extra zing
· Ground Ginger
· Ground Wasabi
- Clean and pat dry the Kale;
- Set oven to 400⁰ Fahrenheit;
- Use a brush and lightly coat the kale on both sides with olive oil;
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper;
- Line up the kale on the parchment paper and cook for 6 minutes (see browning on the edges and kale is a bit stiff)
- Flip the kale over to cook the other side for 2-3 minutes. Keep a careful eye on the kale so it does not get burnt.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle Sea Salt or Grated Parmesan Cheese on top of the kale and let it cool off before serving (during the cooling period, the kale will get crispier/stiffer)
OR if you want to make a big zing: do the Wasabi-Ginger Kale
To make the wasabi ginger mixture just add the ginger and wasabi into a bowl and mix thoroughly;
Sprinkle the mixture using a handheld strainer over the baked Kale when it is cooled off and serve.